Mother to Son

October 22, 1964--July 4, 2008
****
On July 4, 2008 my mother passed away. She was 43 years old. I cannot begin to express how devastating this loss has been for me and my family. Without question, this has been the single most traumatic experience of my life.
In the months to come, I anticipate that I will be making dramatic changes in my life both personally and professionally.
With that being said, I will be suspending this blog (as well as my site canwebefrank.com) indefinitely. This is not a "goodbye"--just a long and much needed "see you later." I can be reached at frankroberts@nyu.edu
A warm thank you to those of you who heard of my mother's passing and were kind enough to send along email condolences. I have read your messages, and they have lifted my spirits.
You may obtain copies of the text for mother's funeral service below as a word document. I've also included a link to the online photo album below.
With love,
Download maryellen_simsfuneral_program.doc[Obituary and Program]

Isaiah 49:15



















Frank, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. While I did not know your mother, I have had the amazing opportunity to work with you and get to know you. You are a wonderful man and a knowledgeable instructor. If there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me.
Ellen
Posted by
Anonymous |
7/20/2008
Babe, I am so sorry to hear about your mom.
My mom passed away a month ago and I know exactly how you feel. I am not going to lie and say it gets better, or that everything is going to be ok. I get pissed off when people tell me that bullshit. My mom and I were super close and I was her baby, so her not being here and me not being able to see her anymore makes it impossible for it to ever be better or easier.
This is going to change everything, including what is important to you, your personal and professional life. Take your time and do what you need to do. Don't do what people tell you to do....they don't know what is best. Move at your own speed. The world will be here when you decide to come back.
Take care of yourself and your family. They are the only thing that matters now.
I love you!
Posted by
Keisha Kornbread |
7/20/2008
Dear Frank,
I know that I cannot in anyway lighten the burden of sorrow which you bear, yet I want you to know how sorry i was to hear of your loss.
james.
Posted by
jeremiah |
7/23/2008
Love to you.
Posted by
Anonymous |
7/25/2008
I don't know what it feels like to lose one's mother. It's the only thing I am truly terrified of. I can't even begin to imagine it but I am sure it's excruciatingly painful. Please hold on to yourself and your family. It's what she would have wanted. My heart and prayers go out to you.
Posted by
newyorknewyork |
7/26/2008
this is my first time reading your blog and i'm so very sorry to hear about your mother. my mother passed away 4 years ago at the age of 43, so i unfortunately know all too well the pain you are experiencing. i completely agree w/ keisha--- take care of you and your family. that's all that matters...
Posted by
blkbutterfly |
7/29/2008
Sorry isn't the right word (or words) to describe how I feel about your loss, the news and the pictures alone tell a deep, profound story. Let your ever so acheiving life be as fulfilling and parent proud as your mother would know like and love. How I wish I could hug you through this blog. Writing doesn't do my feelings justice. I wish you strength through the storm.
Posted by
Troy N. |
8/26/2008
Frank, I'm so sad to hear about your mom. I was just trying to catch up with your blog and saw your lovely tribute to her life in pictures. what a wonderful thing to do. I cant imagine how hard this is for you. Dont forget, you are making her proud, so keep up the fantastic work.
Posted by
Professor Mireille Miller-Young |
9/13/2008
Peace & Light to you and your family.
--Ocean
Posted by
Morisset |
9/15/2008